1. “[Taleb's] antifragility not only resembles Game, it describes Game, and to a certain extent, it even explains why Game is so effective.”
2. “At that moment, I wondered if I was the only one of my group who hated with everything in my heart the slimy hypocrites around me.”
3. “The best map ever made of America’s
racial segregation libertarian bubbles.”
4. “This threatpoint gives leverage to women in a marriage, giving her unilateral control over the future of the commitment.”
5. Commenter to Amanjaw Marcuntte: “In other words, Massachusetts profiles.”
6. “Brookings, like any not-for-profit organization, survives through contributions. And it is a fact of life that these organizations cannot afford to do many, if any, studies that are counter to the goals of the donors.“
7. “and that’s the part that the happy leftists are missing from their thinking [sic] about epigenetics. epigenetics is obviously some sort of adaptation… so it must be coded for in our genes somewhere. that methylation happens to alter the expression of genes isn’t some miracle, however amazing it may be. it’s coded for.”
8. “If she moved into your apartment sans a ring, you’re better off than married folk in the happiness department, new research suggests.”
9. Opt out of global data surveillance programs.
10. “They had every Facebook post I had ever made in a huge file, along with all my wife’s information, and parent’s information,” As Vox says, your two choices when under assault by a power-hungry Big Brother 1984-ish surveillance state are either go dark, or go disinformation. Or, like CH, do both.