I have to l’chaim-five Levantine of the Blogosphere for his good post about the three major narratives that the legacy media are currently creating to attack Trump and undermine the legitimacy of his upcoming Presidency.
I guess I underestimated how much the mainstream media (MSM) hates Donald Trump and overestimated their journalistic integrity. I apologize for my wrong prediction.
The MSM has created three post-election narratives which they are following in order to weaken Trump and set him up for impeachment (or so they hope). Listed below in declining order of importance:
1. Trump has MASSIVE conflicts of interest with his business.
2. Trump is reneging on his campaign promises.
3. Trump was elected because of “fake news” and Russian propaganda and he lost the popular vote
Leviticus of the Blogosphere is right. I have heard all three of these media talking points emphasized and re-emphasized in the days since Trump’s election win. Lately, number 3 — the “fake news” agitprop — has dominated the errwaves.
The shitlib media is working with very thin material in these anti-Trump narratives. On the “conflict of interest” narrative (the only narrative that has anything substantive to its claims), my understanding is that because Trump has his assets tied up in properties (instead of in blind trusts like most Presidents have had) he is particularly exposed to charges of influence peddling and payola if, for instance, foreign dignitaries stay at his hotels. Some libs are calling for Trump to divest himself of all his holdings. Trump won’t do that, nor should he, but I can see the merits of his lawyers telling Trump to bar diplomats and other foreign functionaries from even stepping foot in his hotels.
Number 2 is a dead end for the lying media. Trump isn’t President yet, so he hasn’t had any opportunity to fulfill or renege on his campaign promises. Any rumors about Trump’s choices for his Cabinet are worthless if they originated with a legacy media outlet. This is purely the media acting as agents of demoralization against Trump supporters for the benefit of the Democreeps and NeverTrumpers.
Number 3 is a desperate Fail Mary pass by an increasingly unhinged media losing their marbles as Inauguration Day approaches. There was no Russian-backed propaganda assault to elect Trump and if there was I can guarantee that it would have changed the minds of precisely zero non-Trump voters to switch to Trump. The “fake news” charge is likewise a false, sloppy narrative pushed by the libfruit media hive to emotionally uplift the various anti-Trump factions and to serve their interest of discrediting the blooming nodes of alt-dissident realtalk that are rapidly undermining the mass media’s hold on the collective consciousness.
(Hilariously, the shady shitlib operation — PropOrNot.com — that all the major media organs sourced for their oddly coordinated claim that an unchecked multiplication of “fake news” websites turned the election for Trump named, among other mainstream right targets of shitlib ire, the Drudge Report as a “Russian propaganda” outlet.)
Also included are popular libertarian hubs such as Zero Hedge, Antiwar.com, and the Ron Paul Institute, along with the hugely influential right-wing website the Drudge Report and the publishing site WikiLeaks. Far-right, virulently anti-Muslim blogs such as Bare Naked Islam are likewise dubbed Kremlin mouthpieces. Basically, everyone who isn’t comfortably within the centrist Hillary Clinton/Jeb Bush spectrum is guilty.
The Strapon Within sneers on cue.
MPC has a characteristically scathing cut-down of this “fake news” bullshitlibbery.
But this is certainly a new low–promoting a puppet organization with maximum opacity as a curator of a list of nefarious news baddies–it’s like something out of an Austin Powers movie. Sometimes when you look at the roaring vortex of collapsing media orgs, you experience that disquieting feeling of the world becoming dangerously chaotic. We are living in the most interesting of times.
I’d add a fourth anti-Trump media narrative to Latka of the Blogosphere’s list: “Trump is a liar who falsely claims that there was massive voter fraud by illegal aliens and other noncitizens.” When Trump body slams the media and their delusional liberal narratives, as he did recently when he opened the Pandora’s Box of illegal aliens disenfranchising American citizens, the media often respond with the only defense they have left: SJW incredulousness.
“OMG WOW JUST WOW TRUMP ACTUALLY BELIEVES THAT THERE WAS MASSIVE VOTE FRAUD BY ILLEGALS. IN THEE CURRENT YEAR!”
At least it’s refreshing to hear the media tacitly admit that illegal alien vote fraud is something bad and should be avoided. Up until Trump made it a front and center issue, the media was actively colluding with ethnocentric la raza leftists to help them institute their preferred policy of widening the franchise so far it prolapses and mestizo presidential candidates spill out for the next hundred years. Remember, this is the same media, now lambasting Trump for even suggesting that illegals may have swung elections, that, before Trump raw dogged Miss Overton, gave positive press to nutjobs who wanted to do away with any voter verification laws and hand ballots out to border jumpers.
If any group of schemers, liars, and sophists deserves the label of fake news, it’s the “maintream” leftoid media. Trump was right to draw attention to noncitizen vote fraud, because it’s not a figment of his imagination. It’s happened, and no one with half a brain really believes it isn’t still happening in states like CA, which has turned 40% nonWhite hispanic. It’s time to get to the bottom of this noncitizen vote fraud scourge of democracy, and fix it by kicking out illegals and instituting strong verification protocols. (Maybe repeal the 19th Amendment while we’re at it. It can only help.)
Addendum: There is something in LotB’s online persona that compels me to needle him. Maybe it’s his combination of dialectical pretension and squirrelly evasiveness. Then of course there’s his egotism (not that there’s anything wrong with that… *preen*). This post is representative. LotB prides himself on always striving for the truth, but I can think of three self-propagandizing lies off the top of my head that he has indulged and/or endlessly recapitulates.
- Jewish-Americans don’t have a look. LotB claims they are indistinguishable from Gentile-Americans. This is patently untrue. Exceptions like Jared Kushner prove the rule: American Jews, like other Causasian ethnics (and I’m using Caucasian in the broadest categorical sense), have a look. Just like Irish-Americans have a look (dat chin), or Italian-Americans have a look (dat swarth). Most people could, based on nothing but a glance, positively identify the American Jews from a random assortment of White Americans. They might miss a few outliers, but they’ll get the majority of them. Why? Because #PhysiognomyIsrael.
- Jewish IQ explains their extreme liberalism. Also false. I have demonstrated that Jews are EXCEPTIONALLY leftist even after controlling for IQ. They have inherited a genetic disposition to leftist ideologies. Call it the tikkun olam gene.
- Michelle Obama is good-looking for a black woman. This is a trivial lie, but LotB does have a habit of beauty boosterism when the discussion turns to mediocre-looking and ugly women. I think he’s got a streak of white knight betatude that makes him assert some very stupid things about women and the sexual market. Michelle Obama is not fat. That’s all she has going for her. So yes she’s a step above the typical morbidly obese black woman of similar age. But compared to other height-weight proportionate black women, The First Trapezius is below average in looks. She’s got a hugely prognathic jaw and is muscled like a male athlete. It’s disgusting.
In the truth-speaking sweepstakes, I cannot deny that the Chateau is more truthful than the Lamb’s Den.