The relationship between the ruling elite and the citizenry needn’t always be rancorous or antagonistic. Racially and ethnically homogeneous societies tend to have better relations between elite and citizenry. But there does seem to be a trajectory that developed nations follow, especially the nations bedeviled by Diversity™, from a socially healthy and mutually beneficial regard between elite and citizen, to a total severing that pits elite and citizen against each other as domestic enemies.
As reader irishsavant notices,
It seems to be the case that over time all elites fall out of touch with their subjects.
The progression of elite-citizenry relations goes like this (using the history of America as a template):
- Colonialism, mass egalitarianism.
- The rise of an informal aristocracy of the more intelligent, ruthless, individualistic.
- Elite gratitude for their blessings translates into a social and self-guided expectation of noblesse oblige.
- The elite pull away from the masses in wealth and cultural practices. Complacency and ingratitude erode noblesse oblige.
- The citizenry revolts (in whatever form) against the heavy-handed rule of their elite. Today, this revolt takes the form of a regression among the lower classes into FUCK YOU DAD degeneracy.
- The elite are repulsed by the citizenry (and vice versa), and become increasingly disconnected from their nation, turning to rootless cosmopolitanism (and among the prole margins to wiggerdeath) as an escape and a kind of ego stroking.
- Over time, elites fall out of touch with their subjects and, worse, come to hate their subjects. That is when they start thinking only of themselves and do evil things like advocate for open borders so they can turn their billions into tens of billion. The citizenry learns to return the hate.
- War, (political, civil, jurisprudential, cultural).
- The Happening.
- The Great Reset.
This relationship isn’t linear or discrete. There is a cyclical nature to it. But over the long haul, the cycles amplify into ever-greater peaks and troughs, until the cycle busts and rebirth or replacement is all that can possibly follow.
We’re in the hatred stage now, and if there’s one good thing to be said about this stage it’s that hate is a magnificently clarifying elixir, focusing minds and instilling fear in coal black hearts that haven’t felt fear in a long time, and have acted in predictable accordance with fear’s absence.