¡Sentient! has been posting some really good field reports lately.
an interesting vignette from today… always fascinating how quickly attraction can develop…
In the local coffee place this morning, I usually run into half a dozen people I know here in the neighborhood, so I keep game on a low simmer. Long line today, backed up to one of the entrances. I get on line. a few minutes later a real cute 7 comes in, short super fit body, pale blue eyes, strawberry blonde short hair, pale white skin. Was wearing a really nice short dress and a scarf and heals. Love when women make an effort, she was stylish.
so she comes in, right behind me and looks at the line and her phone to check the time. I turn to her, square up and say “don’t worry it will be worth it” with full eye contact. She says “Oh yeah I know I have a client to meet though”. we are about 16 inches apart and I give her full laser eye treatment and slow down speech. I sensed she was in some psych profession, she just seemed really tightly wrapped but I don’t cold read her with this, I go with “You say you had a client, you look like a hairdresser” she is like no no I am a mental health counselor. So we banter a bit I say “well you look very stylish that’s why I thought maybe you worked in a salon”. She says she buys vintage clothes and we chat about that a bit, gives me a chance to graze her stomach and feel the fabric, “what’s this made out of”. Her eyes are getting bigger and I can see that start of the smile they do when they don’t realize it.
“what do you do?” she asks. I tell her to guess. Now I’m squared up to her, arms crossed across my chest, in workout out gear and a hat. She says “cop”. I laugh and ask if I’m intimidating her (emotional anchoring) she’s like “why?” and I say because cops are getting a lot of bad press lately. I can see her licking her lips more and swallowing, keeping direct eye contact with me. we chat about her job as a counselor and she checks the time again. Then another guy comes in, young dude with a man bun. They know each other so she says hello to him. Now instead of just abandoning the convo or turning away i engage the guy directly. Turns out he is a barrista but works nights so I’ve never seen him. I keep him engaged in conversation about the place at night, crowd etc. and this keeps the girl quiet just watching. a good way to neutralize the guy, not even amoging, just keeping him focused on me. This also keeps the attention off of her, so she is pent up.
The line moves we shuffle forward. She blurts out “The DSM just made a new entry today on caffeine”… so I engage her on this, now her attention is back to me. The guy, though right behind her, now vaporizes… he no longer exists. I ask her what it’s about and she says it’s an addiction entry. So I say why an entry for caffeine, addiction is a behavior seeking a response, it could be anything”. We are close again, lasering. She say “yeah like sex addiction” BINGO… there it is sexualized convo in the coffee line. LOL! Huge window.
We are lasering each other now, and the vibe is forming, focus closing on just the two of us. I say really really slowly “tell me… how would you… treat something like that… …. I mean… for me… I think like full immersion therapy or something would be required… you know… to get it out of your system…” while nodding my head and lasering her and she is smiling and nodding and saying “hmmm hmmm yeah”. I continue ” i mean… it would need… like… really really aggressive treatment… right? (nodding)” and she is really grinning now and nodding back. She says ”well it doesn’t always have to be sooooo aggressive”. I say, smirking, “sure, I mean it can be gentle too… start aggressive and then get gentle… mix it up” And she is like “yeaaaahhhh (nodding and grinning) right… gentle…”.
The line moves and we shuffle forward again. Now I am up to order. I turn away from her (roll off), order my coffee and do NOT turn back to her at all. Go way down the long empty counter 25 feet and take the last seat. Farthest from the door we came in. Did this as a compliance test, she was in a hurry so let’s see if she comes down there and waits by me for her order instead of right next to the counter. And she does… she comes down and sits by me and we continue some more banter, not much now, ask her if she could do anything for work what she would do, some comfort stuff. We get talking. She mentions crime increasing in the area as a result of “people” from the wrong side of the tracks coming over, and quickly says “I’m not a racist”. I get to go into “you are a realist” and we talk a bit about this. Interesting that SWPL psych girl feeling fear from the environment, second one I’ve come across recently… I think there is a change in the air… bodes well for TRUMP.
She tells me her name and I shake her hand, hold it too long and she asks my name… her coffee is up she gets it and comes back. We chat a bit more.
Now she is looking at her phone and the time has come to part, she has a client to see across town. she is waiting, waiting, waiting for me to ask her number… I smile at her “you better get going then. I’ll see you around” she says “take care” and heads out the door behind me then walks back the other direction outside to her car.
Some times game just bubbles up even when you aren’t trying to do anything…
This vagnette deserves a post-game analysis, as a teaching moment for the greenhorns.
– Sentient’s opener — “don’t worry it will be worth it” — isn’t the usual lame banter. He engages the girl with a conversational gambit that encourages a fuller response than just “hi”. It’s SITUATIONALLY AWARE. Those are the best kinds of openers.
– “You say you had a client, you look like a hairdresser”. Brilliant concatenation of a cold read and a neg. Newbs, take note: The neg here works well because Sentient grounded it to something the girl actually said, rather than to some disembodied thought with no relation to anything the girl is saying. Repeating a girl’s words back to her in the context of your reply is a powerful verbal bonding tactic.
– gives me a chance to graze her stomach and feel the fabric. Physical escalation is the scariest aspect of pickup for most men, but also its most necessary. Obliquely, you must leave a woman with the impression that you’re comfortable in close proximity to their bodies.
– “what do you do?” she asks. I tell her to guess. A good rule of thumb is to avoid giving girls direct answers to their questions. Flirting is the art of evasion.
– Now instead of just abandoning the convo or turning away i engage the guy directly. A lot of men make the mistake of trying to shut out male competition for the attention of a single girl, but that is the opposite of what you want to do. By including the man in your conversation, you take away the opportunity for him to appropriate the conversational lead, AND you can redirect the energy away from the girl, as Sentient noted, which makes her want to work harder to regain your sole attention.
– She say “yeah like sex addiction” BINGO… there it is sexualized convo in the coffee line. LOL! Huge window. A girl’s indicator of interest doesn’t get much more indicative than this.
– “I think like full immersion therapy or something would be required… you know… to get it out of your system…” For those unfamiliar, this is a verbal technique known as NeuroLinguistic Programming (NLP), which involves embedding ideas and thoughts in your listener’s mind through subliminal semantic ambiguity. It’s been discussed at CH a few times, but I don’t stress it because 1. its benefits are covered by other, more accessible, game techniques and 2. it’s really easy to fuck up. However, if done skillfully, it can nuke a girl’s hamster right out of its cosmic exercise wheel.
– Go way down the long empty counter 25 feet and take the last seat. Farthest from the door we came in. Did this as a compliance test, she was in a hurry so let’s see if she comes down there and waits by me for her order instead of right next to the counter. Good move. The typical beta male starved for female interest would have lingered by the cashier as she pays for her order in hopes his dire proximity would coax super duper rays of love out of the girl.
– Interesting that SWPL psych girl feeling fear from the environment, second one I’ve come across recently… I think there is a change in the air… bodes well for TRUMP. I’ve been noticing this change in attitude, too.
– Some times game just bubbles up even when you aren’t trying to do anything…
No surprise. The essence of Game is the ZFG Alpha Attitude — no matter what happens, your toes are still tappin’.
Game Grade: A.
Sentient would’ve gotten an A+ but he pulled up at the last second when the goods were there for the taking. I’ll assume the reason for not closing the deal is that he’s in a committed relationship which he values.